Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Do You Use Twitter?

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows its users to send and read other users' updates (otherwise known as tweets), in real time. That means that if I add a tweet, it shows up wherever my Twitter updates are located. That might be on my Twitter site, my action stream blog, or here on the sidebar where I've added a widget to get my latest tweets.

Twitter is not just about what I'm doing at the moment, like "Feeling thirsty, need a drink!". It can be an important tool for getting help from the Twitter community, say for html or css code that has you stuck, or perhaps to find a lost child, which happened not too long ago. The link to a photo was posted and before long the child was located. Never underestimate the power of the web, in whatever form.

There's a great Twitter Tools Collection that will have you up and tweeting in not time. There's Window's clients that you can use from your desktop, Mac clients, tools for mobile tweeting, Firefox addons (TwitterFox is the one that I use),  WordPress plugins, Web services and tutorials and development tools.

Another great resourse is Mashable's Twitter Toolbox: a list of 60 Twitter tools with a short description for each one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out
 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com